ABN 91 096 723 090
Should there be any inconsistency between this policy, the Privacy Act and other Acts mentioned above, this policy shall be interpreted to give effect to and comply with the legislation.
This policy includes examples but is not intended to be restricted in its application to such examples. Where the word ‘including’ is used, it shall mean ‘including without limitation’.
Our websites contain links to non-The Grand Warrandyte websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
‘Personal information’ means information we hold about you where your identity is either clear or can be reasonably determined. When you give us your personal information, it imposes a serious responsibility on us. Protecting your privacy when handling your personal information is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you.
Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide the product or service you requested or to carry out our internal administrative operations or meet relevant regulatory requirements. We may also collect personal information for the purpose of enhancing our ability to improve service delivery to you and other customers in the future.
We may collect personal information from you when:
- you fill in a registration form;
- deal with us over the telephone or over web chat;
- purchase a product or service in one of our retail outlets;
- purchase a product or service through one of our online outlets;
- register for, or use, our online products and services;
- make a booking in our Bistro via phone/email/online;
- e-mail us;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- participate in an online promotion
- provide us with feedback
- complete online surveys
- contact, register with, post to, like or follow any of our social media websites, pages, forums or blogs
- ask us to contact you after visiting our website.
We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means.
If you choose to not provide your personal information when requested, we may not be able to deliver the product or service that you have requested. We will endeavour to make this as clear as possible for each service.
In some cases, where it makes sense and is lawful, you can interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym (an alias). We will endeavour to make this option clear when it is available to you.
As noted above, we will only collect personal information from you that’s necessary to provide the product or service or to carry out internal administrative functions, or any other personal information you submit to us. We collect different personal information depending on the product or service that you have requested. Some examples include:
Showcase Events – When you register for a Showcase Event with The Grand Warrandyte, we collect basic contact details (including but not limited to: name, address, phone, email, age group) to simplify the checkout process for you and to allow you to sign-up to receiving related promotional offers. Additional information may be requested as it is required for each event.
Newsletters – We offer online newsletters which communicate a range of Promotions and Offers. We collect your name and your email address which we keep until you choose to unsubscribe from this service.
Securepay – We process secure online payments for our merchant customers through our Gateway and Online Payments offerings, in particular:
- Securepay Gateway captures basic payment information and passes it through to the relevant financial institution.
- Securepay Online Payments serves as the merchant acquirer on behalf of merchant customers. In order to perform this service we are required to conduct Know Your Customer checks on merchants in order to appropriately assess credit risk.
“Unsolicited” personal information is personal information about an individual that an organisation has unintentionally received. This is an uncommon occurrence for The Grand Warrandyte, but when it does happen, we will protect your personal information with the same rigour as we treat personal information that we intended to collect. If we could not have collected this information through our normal processes, we will de-identify that information as soon as we can.
USES AND SHARING
We use the personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose. We may also use your personal information where required or permitted by law. We may also use your information where you have provided us with your express or implied consent.
We may also use your personal information, or aggregate your personal information with the personal information of other customers (so that the aggregated information is no longer personal) for the purposes of:
- analysis to help us better understand the needs of our customers so that we and third parties can better develop products and services for you;
- providing information that is tailored to what we believe are your areas of interest; and;
- analysing your product and services to improve your experience and to enable us to develop new or enhanced functionality for you.
We do not share your personal information with other organisations unless:
- you give us consent, or
- where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or
- where this is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
We may contact you periodically to advise you of new or enhanced functionality which is available in connection with our products and services. You will not be obliged to adopt any such functionality.
When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, such as specialist information technology companies, mail houses or other contractors to The Grand Warrandyte we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do. Strict contractual and other quality assurance measures are used to ensure your personal information is protected.
We have a strict duty to maintain the privacy of all personal information we hold about you. However, certain exceptions do apply. For example, where disclosure of your personal information is:
- authorised or required by law (e.g. disclosure to various government departments and agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, CentreLink, Child Support Agency, or disclosure to courts under subpoena).
- in the public interest (e.g. where a crime, fraud or misdemeanour is committed or suspected and disclosure against the customer’s rights to confidentiality is justified).
- with your consent – your consent may be implied or express and it may also be verbal or written.
TREATMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH SUBSIDIARIES
The Grand Warrandyte can disclose personal information (excluding sensitive information) with subsidiaries and controlled entities as long as the purpose for sharing is related to the reason the personal information was originally collected. This excludes subsidiaries that are outside of Australia. Under these same terms, subsidiaries can share personal information with The Grand Warrandyte.
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular The Grand Warrandyte products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. We will generally only do this with your prior consent (where practical) and we will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in future.
Direct Marketing from The Grand Warrandyte generally takes the form of Direct Mail or Electronic Marketing (email). In rare cases, we may use Telemarketing. Each of these channels is handled as follows:
- Direct mail – Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information via the post we may do so with your implied consent or, if this is impracticable, we will ensure that you are provided with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future such communications. By not ticking a clearly displayed “opt out” box, we will assume we have your implied consent to receive similar marketing communications in the future. We will always ensure that our opt out notices are clear, conspicuous and easy to take up.
- Electronic marketing – Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by e-mail, SMS, MMS or other electronic means we may do so with your express or implied consent. You may give us your express consent by, for example, ticking a box on an electronic or paper form where we seek your permission to send you electronic or other marketing information. Consent may be implied from our existing business relationship or where you have a reasonable expectation of receiving an electronic marketing communication.
- Telemarketing – The Grand Warrandyte does not usually engage in telemarketing activities to our consumer customers. Generally, such marketing is only used in relation to our business customers. Should any consumer telemarketing be undertaken or authorised by The Grand Warrandyte, we will, to the extent that it applies, comply with the relevant legislation (see above).
Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by The Grand Warrandyte will include a means by which customers may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information.
Additionally, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. Requests should be directed to the The Grand Warrandyte Sales & Marketing Manager via the following contact details:
Sales & Marketing Manager
03 9844 4404
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law.
The Grand Warrandyte will, upon your request, and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information that is held by us. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type (or types) of information requested. The Grand Warrandyte will deal with your request in a reasonable time – usually within 30 days.
Your right to access your personal information is not absolute. In some circumstances, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION LAWS
In addition to privacy laws, you may have rights to access your personal information contained in certain The Grand Warrandyte documents. Details on how to apply for access to these documents are contained in the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act).
More information is available at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s freedom of information pages.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
It is inevitable that some personal information which we hold will become out of date. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information which we hold remains accurate and, if you advise us of a change of details, we will amend our records accordingly.
Where your information has been disclosed to a third party, The Grand Warrandyte will take reasonable steps to notify the third party of the correction.
Where we are unable to update your information, we will provide an explanation in writing as to why the information cannot be corrected.
The Grand Warrandyte is committed to protecting and securing your personal information.
We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep personal information only for as long as it is required for business purposes or by the law.
The Grand Warrandyte protects your personal information by complying with Information Security Standards, Industry Schemes and Statutory obligations. We regularly conduct targeted internal and external audits on our security systems to validate the currency of our security practices.
WEBSITE SECURITY AND PRIVACY
We understand that you may be concerned about the security of the personal information we collect from you online.
Accordingly, we have systems in place to ensure our online dealings with you are as secure as your dealings with us in person, or on the telephone.
In those instances where we secure your personal information in transit to us and upon receipt, we use the industry standard encryption software, Secured Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption. The URL in your browser will change to “HTTPS” instead of “HTTP” when this security feature is invoked. Your browser may also display a lock symbol on its bottom task bar line to indicate this secure transmission is in place.
We employ security programs and services to monitor network traffic in order to identify attempts to breach our security.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR WEBSITES
We may collect non-personal information from you such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help us manage our web site.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Grand Warrandyte site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on those websites prior to providing any information to them.
Some of the content appearing on The Grand Warrandyte website may be supplied by third parties, for example, by framing third party web sites or the incorporation through “framesets” of content supplied by third party application service providers. In such cases, The Grand Warrandyte will ensure that our contractual arrangements with these third parties protect your personal information in compliance with privacy laws.
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms for the purpose of aggregated statistical analyses so we can ascertain what people are looking for on our website, and to improve the services that we provide.
We may use external companies to provide us with detailed aggregate statistical analyses of our website traffic. At no time is any personal information made available to these companies, nor is the aggregate information ever merged with personal information such as your name, address, email address or other information you would consider sensitive or would compromise your privacy.
LOSS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Despite our every effort to protect your personal information, there remains the possibility that a breach of our security could occur. In the event of loss of personal information, The Grand Warrandyte will:
- Seek to rapidly identify and secure the breach to prevent any further breaches
- Engage the appropriate authorities where criminal activity is suspected
- Assess the nature and severity of the breach including the type of personal information involved and the risk of harm to affected individuals
- Notify the affected individuals directly if appropriate and where possible
- If appropriate, put a notice on our website advising our customers of the breach
- Notify the Privacy Commissioner (at the OAIC) if the breach is significant.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The Grand Warrandyte is committed to working with its customers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy.
To contact us with a compliment or complaint or a privacy question, you can:
Write to us at:
The Grand Warrandyte
Sales & Marketing Manager
110-136 Yarra Street, Warrandyte VIC 3113
Call us at The Grand Warrandyte on 03 9844 4044 between 9am and 5pm AEST Monday to Friday