Separator Icon

We Are Hiring – Join The Grand Team & Be Rewarded!

Hiring Melbourne

Join our award winning Grand Team and be rewarded with: 

• Inclusive, fun and positive culture
  • Flexible hours
  • Ongoing training with career opportunities
  • To be yourself
  • Staff parties and discounts
  • YOU are our biggest priority! 

At The Grand our culture, community and team are our priority – staff come first – we love our positive culture, and a flexible work life balance is encouraged to get the best out of our people. 

Do you fancy yourself a good cook? Looking for a role with no prior qualification, on the job training and flexible hours? We have the role for you!

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:

CASUAL

• Bar Attendants + Christmas Casuals
  • Front of House Supervisor 
  • Cook

PART TIME OR FULL TIME

• Duty Manager

FULL TIME

• Commis Chef 
  • Chef De Partie 
  • Apprentice Chef

Get in touch today and apply by emailing your resume to info@grandhotelwarrandyte.com.au

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Separator Icon

We Are Hiring – Join The Grand Team & Be Rewarded!

Hiring Melbourne

Join our award winning Grand Team and be rewarded with: 

• Inclusive, fun and positive culture
  • Flexible hours
  • Ongoing training with career opportunities
  • To be yourself
  • Staff parties and discounts
  • YOU are our biggest priority! 

At The Grand our culture, community and team are our priority – staff come first – we love our positive culture, and a flexible work life balance is encouraged to get the best out of our people. 

Do you fancy yourself a good cook? Looking for a role with no prior qualification, on the job training and flexible hours? We have the role for you!

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:

CASUAL

• Bar Attendants + Christmas Casuals
  • Cook

FULL TIME

• Duty Manager
  • Commis Chef 
  • Chef De Partie 
  • Apprentice Chef

Get in touch today and apply by emailing your resume to info@grandhotelwarrandyte.com.au

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Separator Icon

Raising Awareness & Funds for RULE Prostate Cancer!

RULE Prostate Cancer

The Grand Hotel is proudly supporting an incredible campaign ‘National Legends Day’ by RULE Prostate Cancer to raise awareness & funds for RULE Prostate Cancer to protect more Aussie Legends.

The Grand is aiming to raise $1,000 for National Legends Day on Saturday 4th of September to contribute to RULE’S goal of a new world class prostate cancer clinic in every Australian capital city.

How can you help?

🔸Purchase a $10 Legends Stubby Holder

🔸 Purchase a $20 Legends Bucket Hat

🔸 Attend ‘Bring Your Dad to Trivia Day’ next Tuesday 30th of August with Quiz Meisters at The Grand

🔸 Donate some spare change

All purchases & donations can be made at The Grand with all money raised going to RULE Prostate Cancer.

Be like Charlotte, Bas, Kane, Nelson, Indi & Tash & purchase your Legendary Hat now!

Protect the legends in your life & treat them at your local 👏🏼

Separator Icon

The Grand Team is Hiring!

Hiring Melbourne

Do you want to be apart of an award winning team who loves what they do?!

Be rewarded with an awesome team, staff parties, inclusive culture, staff discounts, flexibility, ongoing training, to be yourself & more!

Looking for a new role with no prior qualifications and on the job training?

Do you fancy yourself a good cook?

Eager to learn transferable skills to take with you through life?

Searching for flexible hours with flexible career opportunities?

WE WANT YOU!

We are currently hiring the following positions:

CASUAL

• Food & Beverage Attendants (from 15 years old)
  • Cook

FULL TIME

• Duty Manager
  • Commis Chef
  • Chef De Partie
  • Apprentice Chef

To apply for a position, please email info@grandhotelwarrandyte.com.au with your resume

Ensure you are following us on our social media to view all the fun things we get up to!

Separator Icon

We are improving the planet, our business, our staff safety & we couldn’t be happier!

Bottlecycler Glass Crusher

The Grand Hotel installed a BottleCyler machine to our venue mid-way through 2021 and the results are astonishing!

We are a staff comes first venue, with a strong community focus. 

Since introducing the BottleCycler machine to our venue, we have proudly recycled over 7 tonnes of carbon dioxide, 28,438 litres of water and over 27 cubic metres of landfill saved!
See further results below!

Seeing the team lift three-foot high garbage bins full of bottles into a dump master was an “accident waiting to happen” says Peter Appleby, General Manager. “Staff safety has improved without the need to be lifting heavy bottle bins into dump masters, eliminating the chance of injury,” Peter says. “But we have also reduced our co-mingled collections by 50 per cent, which has had a great impact on our bottom line with reduced waste costs from our removal company.”

Read the full article featured in ‘Waste Management Review’ Here

Separator Icon

Nelson takes The Grand to new heights!

Mt.Kilimanjaro

Nelson Brash, an inspiring and proud Grand Team member, climbed to the peak of Mt Kilimanjaro and took The Grand with him!

Nelson is valued by all fellow teammates at The Grand and represents what we are all about – a happy and proud environment.

When visiting The Grand you can find Nelson with an infectious smile greeting you at the front door, kindly taking your order at the bar or serving your delicious meal to your table.

We are all so proud of Nelson’s incredible achievement.

Read our motivating interview with Nelson below!

Nelson at Uhuru Peak on Mt Kilimanjaro proudly holding The Grand’s Logo

What inspired you to climb Mt Kilimanjaro? 

I’ve always seen mountain climbing as a pinnacle of human achievement, something someone can always look back on to remind them what they’re made of. It’s a little bit of temporary discomfort for a lifetime of good memories and satisfaction. Ever since I saw Everest (2015) I’ve always wanted to be the one to grace the skies. I’m inspired to adventure far beyond shores in this life and I believe mountains are the greatest medium for self-discovery. 

How did your colleagues with the Grand Team help you to achieve your goal? 

Firstly my colleagues were always very kind and accommodating to me from the get-go, fostering within me a great sense of belonging and purpose at work. They were encouraging of my adventures and when times were tough on Kilimanjaro I often thought about them, imagining them all in my corner which for sure helped me push on through pain. I knew that when i came back to Melbourne an amazing working environment lay in wait for me, and this notion offered me sustained positivity on the trip. When my proper consciousness eluded me on the mountain my memories of the Grand’s great workplace never did. I think when you feel as close as I do to the Grand Team, you can find the motivation to do anything for we all bring each other higher. 

What does being a part of the Grand Team mean to you? 

It’s definitely a privilege for me to be working at the grand. It might sound funny, but it is an honour in many ways. I haven’t worked too long in hospitality and suddenly I’ve found myself working at one of the best pubs in Melbourne- one nominated for all sorts of awards every year- and I feel very grateful to be fair. The grand team is made up of very unique, talented and dynamic individuals and it means being part of a tight-knit group which exists purely for positive reasons. We bring members of the public together and offer invaluable pastimes and at the same time all our staff find enjoyment In themselves on the job everyday ❤️‍🩹😀. I feel like, for example on Saturday nights when everyone comes to the Grand with their mates, those behind the bar and the registers have done so too. After all, the Grand means belongingness. 

What do you hope to achieve next? 

I’m going to climb either Mont Blanc (4809m) in the French Alps or hike Everest base camp next. Whichever I do next I’m going to do it with my brother Kane, who has worked at the Grand since February 2021. Hoping to scratch another one of the seven summits off my list before too long, too 😉. 

Comment:

I’m not a man of religion, but this bible verse often rang true for me on the mountain. The Grand itself may be quintessentially expressed here: 

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for you are with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”. (Psalm 23:4). 

Photos of Nelson’s amazing achievement can be found below.

Do you want to meet more of our Grand Team? CLICK HERE!

Separator Icon

The Grand is proudly featured in The Warrandyte Diary!

Warrandyte Diary

The Warrandyte Diary interviewed our Grand Team and General Manager, Peter Appleby, for their June edition after our recent award success!

We are incredibly proud to represent the Warrandyte community and take home two prestigious awards at the recent Australian Hotel Association Victoria State Awards for Excellence:

• Best Outdoor Experience in Metro Vic
  • Local Legend – Peter Appleby

Read the online article HERE or read the newspaper article below.

Thank you for your ongoing support Warrandyte, we couldn’t do it without you!

Separator Icon

Celebrate Warrandyte Festival at your local pub!

Warrandyte Festival

Celebrate Warrandyte Festival at your local pub this weekend! 🙌🏼🍻

We are opening our doors earlier with exclusive menu items available this Saturday 19th of March!

Our doors & bar will open from 10:30am.

🍳 Egg & Bacon Rolls from Grand Kiosk – $12
available from 10:30am – 12:00pm

🥘 Paella cooked live in Grand Stand – $18
Chicken, chorizo & prawn paella w/ saffron & peas
available from 12:00pm

Get front row seats for The Warrandyte Festival Parade while enjoying a beer & an Egg & Bacon Roll at The Grand!

Bookings available from 12:00pm can be made HERE & we are accepting walk ins all day.

Please note there are road closures on Yarra Street from 10:30am – 12:00pm so allow plenty of time for parking & walking!

Separator Icon

The Grand is supporting you!

Warrandyte Community

To give back to our supportive community;

The Grand is gifting 11 x $200 vouchers to those who are doing it tough in lockdown!

Do you know someone who is in need of support?

Someone that may need assistance with their groceries, someone that deserves a take away dinner & drinks feast or someone that deserves to treat themselves to a haircut or night out when we can re-open?!

The Grand is here to support you!

The Grand has purchased 1 x $200 voucher from each of the following small local businesses:

On top of this, The Grand has 5 x $200 vouchers to be enjoyed here at The Grand when we re-open!

To nominate someone who deserves a $200 voucher, please email The Grand team at: info@grandhotelwarrandyte.com.au with the recipients name & a paragraph on why you think they deserve a voucher.

The Grand thanks you, for our communities continued support & this is our way of giving back to our wonderful supportive community.

Separator Icon

Contributing to our Community & Environment!

The Grand Hotel is proud to share the following statistics we have saved our community in just 9 solid working weeks.

We have been using the BottleCycler to recycle all glass bottles in our venue and are amazed at how much we have saved our environment in such a short space of time.

The Bottle Cycler is an easy and effective way for hospitality venues to recycle glass on-the-go and we are looking forward to watching these numbers grow even further!

Book a Table